A great way of supporting unpaid Carers is to take part in an event for Crossroads Care Surrey. Whether you join us at one of our charity events or let your imagination run wild and create your own event, we’d love to help you raise vital funds for us.
Take a look below and get in touch with our fundraising team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 01372 869970.
Hold your own event
Whether it’s jumping out of a plane, a sponsored head shave, a glitzy ball or a bake sale. Organising your own fundraising event is an excellent way of having fun with the satisfaction of knowing no matter how much you raise, you are supporting a worthwhile cause and helping to make a real difference to the lives of unpaid Carers in Surrey. We are here to help you with everything from sponsorship forms, t-shirts and leaflets, through to liaising with the local media. We can provide you with on-going advice and support about how to run your event.
If you’ve got a fundraising idea you want to discuss, or if you’re stuck for inspiration, then please get in touch with our fundraising team by email on email@example.com or call 01372 869970.
Our fundraising tips:
- Contact our fundraising team to tell us your plans.
- Decide your preferred date and research it to see if it is suitable.
- Find a venue whether this be at home, at work, or a local community or sports centre.
- Work out a budget, set your fundraising target and make sure this is three times as much as you spend – to make it worth your while.
- You could set up a fundraising group or committee so you have some help and support.
- Promote your fundraising activity as widely as possible. Speak with the Marketing Department firstname.lastname@example.org 01372 869970 about contacting local newspapers, radio and social media for publicity.
- Invite everyone that you know.
- Get your employer involved by checking if they operate a match-giving scheme (contact us to find out more on this).
- Set up your own online sponsorship/donation page for your event at www.virginmoneygiving.com. This is a quick, easy way to collect sponsorship or donations for your event or activity. It enables everyone to see your fundraising targets, track your progress and securely donate online. Make sure you ask everyone to Gift aid donations so that their generous support goes further.
The Great Crossroads Bake Off
To celebrate Carers Week 2015 (8th-14th June), we held a variety of activities to raise awareness and vital funds for unpaid Carers in Surrey. Our central theme was the Great Crossroads Bake Off, where we invited all our supporters to join in and organise their own Bake Offs to show their support for unpaid Carers in Surrey.
Thank you to all our lovely supporters who rose to the challenge and invited their friends, family and colleagues to take part in the Great Crossroads Bake Off.
The Waterways of Shepperton 10km Sponsored Walk
On Sunday the 10th May 2015, 12 walkers took part in The Waterways of Shepperton 10km sponsored walk in support of Crossroads Care Surrey.
We are delighted to say that our team of walkers raised a total of £2131.25 . Thank you to all for taking part and raising vital funds for Crossroads Care Surrey. The money raised will help us support more unpaid Carers in Surrey.
Surrey Half Marathon 2015
On Sunday 8th March 2015, over 6,500 runners took part in the Surrey Half Marathon, a 13.1 mile closed-road running event, starting and finishing at the Woking Leisure Centre. Crossroads Care Surrey was chosen as the official charity partner of Virgin Care for the Surrey Half Marathon, as part of a campaign to improve awareness of Carers and their rights.
Virgin Care and Crossroads Care Surrey had a team of 30 runners taking part in the event, all raising funds for the charity. We are delighted to say that our runners raised over £4,000 for Crossroads Care Surrey.
British 10k London Run 2014
On Sunday the 13th July 2014, 7 runners took part in The British 10k London Run in support of Crossroads Care Surrey! It was a fantastic race with all of our runners completing the iconic route in less than 2 hours.
We are delighted to say that our runners raised a total of £2349.02 for Crossroads Care Surrey, money which will go towards supporting unpaid Carers in Surrey.