Volunteers are greatly valued at Crossroads Care Surrey, accumulatively they bring a huge range of skills and expertise to us. We really couldn’t function without them, from helping at events, cooking lunches at one of our Clubs, working in our offices to helping fundraise. It is their support that allows us to continue to help Carers living in Surrey by giving them valuable time to themselves each week.
People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the motivation, volunteering can be challenging yet very rewarding. Below are some of the reasons people choose to volunteer. For some it provides an opportunity to:
- Give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
|To download a Volunteer Pack please click here|
Volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving one’s employment prospects
- Using one’s professional skills and knowledge to benefit others (usually described as pro bono)
Volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
- There is lots of anecdotal evidence that volunteering has a positive impact on health.
Whatever your motivation, if you are interested in volunteering we are very keen to hear from you. We want to make your volunteer experience as positive and worthwhile as possible. Any amount of time that you can offer is appreciated.
- Trustees – We are are currently looking for people to join our board of Trustees. If you have relevant and transferable business management skills that you believe would be of benefit to the strategic management of Crossroads Care Surrey we’d love to hear from you.
- Social clubs – Volunteers are needed throughout Surrey to assist with our diverse range of Clubs for Adults, Young People and Children. Add to the rich tapestry of activities by sharing your particular talents such us flower arranging or help by preparing refreshments.
- Event volunteering – We rely on the support, energy and enthusiasm of volunteers to organise an enormous range of events.
- Office Volunteering – We are always looking for volunteers to help out in the Marketing and Fundraising office with administrative tasks. If you have a few spare hours a week and would like to help please get in touch with us.
- Employee volunteering – Employees can volunteer their specialist skills and expertise. We are currently looking for additional Marketing and Fundraising support.
Please post all completed volunteering packs to Crossroads Care Surrey, 121 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7SU. Alternatively you can download a volunteering pack and save it to your computer. Once you have filled in the pack please attach it with a covering note and email it to email@example.com
For more information on volunteering opportunities please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01372 869970.