An enjoyable way to support a local charity in your area is to take part in a challenge or activity. You can either do this on your own or with some friends – doing something you enjoy puts fun into fundraising. And, if you support Crossroads Care Surrey as your charity of choice, it’s a ‘win-win’ for both you as fundraiser and the charity. The more people in communities across Surrey able and willing to support our work will mean we can help more unpaid Carers to live a life for themselves. Whether you join us at one of our charity events or let your imagination run wild and create your own fundraising plan – we will help you to maximise your fundraising. We can provide you with resources to support your fundraising from posters and leaflets to t-shirts and collection tins. We can also help to spread the word about your fundraising on our social media sites.
Be Creative with your Fundraising
Be Quirky Be Sporty Be motivated!×
Whether it’s jumping out of a plane, a sponsored head shave, a glitzy ball or a bake sale. Organising your own fundraising event is an excellent way of having fun with the satisfaction of knowing no matter how much you raise, you are supporting a worthwhile cause and helping to make a real difference to the lives of unpaid Carers in Surrey.
If you’ve got a fundraising idea you want to discuss, or if you’re stuck for inspiration, then please get in touch with our fundraising team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 869987.
Our fundraising tips:
- Contact our fundraising team to tell us your plans.
- Decide your preferred date and research it to see if it is suitable.
- Find a venue whether this be at home, at work, or a local community or sports centre.
- Work out a budget, set your fundraising target and make sure this is three times as much as you spend – to make it worth your while.
- You could set up a fundraising group or committee so you have some help and support.
- Promote your fundraising activity as widely as possible. Speak with the Marketing Department email@example.com 01372 869987 about contacting local newspapers, radio and social media for publicity.
- Invite everyone that you know.
- Get your employer involved by checking if they operate a match-giving scheme (contact us to find out more on this).
- Set up your own online sponsorship/donation page for your event at www.virginmoneygiving.com. This is a quick, easy way to collect sponsorship or donations for your event or activity. It enables everyone to see your fundraising targets, track your progress and securely donate online. Make sure you ask everyone to Gift aid donations so that their generous support goes further.
Rotary Club of Guildford’s 10km Sponsored Walk 2018
A team took part in a Sponsored 10km Walk organised by the Rotary Club of Guildford! The route had amazing views and they were very lucky with the weather! So far they have raised an amazing £1501.
The Nuts Challenge 2017
The Nuts challenge is an adventure assault course held in Surrey. In September 2017, we had a Crossroads Care Surrey team take part in the Nuts Challenge. We would like to congratulate them for their amazing efforts taking part. It was a fantastic achievement and excellent way to raise money. They certainly went the extra mile as the course involved a lot of hard work and mud! So far, they have raised £1,381.44.
The Great Crossroads Bake Off
To celebrate Carers Week 2015 (8th-14th June), we held a variety of activities to raise awareness and vital funds for unpaid Carers in Surrey. Our central theme was the Great Crossroads Bake Off, where we invited all our supporters to join in and organise their own Bake Offs to show their support for unpaid Carers in Surrey.
Thank you to all our lovely supporters who rose to the challenge and invited their friends, family and colleagues to take part in the Great Crossroads Bake Off.
The Waterways of Shepperton 10km Sponsored Walk
On Sunday the 10th May 2015, 12 walkers took part in The Waterways of Shepperton 10km sponsored walk in support of Crossroads Care Surrey.
We are delighted to say that our team of walkers raised a total of £2131.25 . Thank you to all for taking part and raising vital funds for Crossroads Care Surrey. The money raised will help us support more unpaid Carers in Surrey.
Surrey Half Marathon 2015
On Sunday 8th March 2015, over 6,500 runners took part in the Surrey Half Marathon, a 13.1 mile closed-road running event, starting and finishing at the Woking Leisure Centre. Crossroads Care Surrey was chosen as the official charity partner of Virgin Care for the Surrey Half Marathon, as part of a campaign to improve awareness of Carers and their rights.
Virgin Care and Crossroads Care Surrey had a team of 30 runners taking part in the event, all raising funds for the charity. We are delighted to say that our runners raised over £4,000 for Crossroads Care Surrey.
British 10k London Run 2014
On Sunday the 13th July 2014, 7 runners took part in The British 10k London Run in support of Crossroads Care Surrey! It was a fantastic race with all of our runners completing the iconic route in less than 2 hours.
We are delighted to say that our runners raised a total of £2349.02 for Crossroads Care Surrey, money which will go towards supporting unpaid Carers in Surrey.