Rotary Club of Banstead announce Charity Walk – 5 May at Epsom Downs
The Rotary Club of Banstead have invited Crossroads Care Surrey to join in the fun at their annual charity walk in support of some great local causes. The walk will take place on 5th May 2019 and you will walk 8 miles across the beautiful North Downs starting and finishing at Tattenham Corner, on the Epsom Downs. The event organiser is Banstead Rotary and you can sign up at Banstead Walk. Please note that if you express your wish to raise funds for Crossroads Care Surrey, you must complete a form outlining that you would like the maximum amount (75%) of your fundraising to go towards Carers in Surrey – Crossroads Care Surrey.
The Rotary Club of Guildford have invited Crossroads Care Surrey to join in the fun at their annual charity walk in support of some great local causes. The walk will take place on 19th May 2019 and you can sign up to either a 5km or 10km circular route starting and finishing at Shalford Park. The joy of this event is anyone can take part and it’s all about an enjoyable day with friends raising money to support such wonderful causes in communities near you.
We want you to #WalkWithUs to Support Carers in Surrey
This year, we aim to raise more ££’s than ever before to support Carers in Surrey and we want you to #WalkWithUs and be part of something special. After all, 3 in every 5 of us will become a Carer in a lifetime – one day, it could be you. Please consider our walking challenges in May to support a Carer to get the help they so deserve.
We will support you with your fundraising. From helping you with stories and information about our work to post on your Virgin Money Giving blog to sharing your fundraising success through our social media platforms. We’ll also throw in a t-shirt too!
What you need to do to Join in the fun
If you wish to attend the Banstead walking event on 5th May:
- Sign up on their website via the link – Banstead Walk and follow their guidelines and instructions for the day.
- Sign their form to express your wish to support the work of Crossroads Care Surrey.
- Let Jen Sanderson, our Marketing & Fundraising Officer know so she can provide you with a t-shirt and other resources to support your fundraising. Contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01372 869 987.
If you wish to attend the Guildford Rotary walking even on 19th May:
- Download the route map and sponsor form from Rotary Club of Guildford
- Contact Jen Sanderson, our Marketing & Fundraising officer to let her know you’re joining our team to #Walkwithus – email@example.com or 01372 869 987.
- Jen can help you with setting up your Virgin Money Giving page and provide you with a t-shirt and resources to support your fundraising. Find out more about volunteer fundraising from our Community page
- If you have a dog, they’ll be welcome too – what’s stopping you?
#Walkwithus #SupportCarersinSurrey to have a break.
Elmbridge Road Runners wanted to do something amazing for the community in and around where they run. They decided to take on a fundraising challenge supporting our children’s club which is based in Walton-on-Thames raising a whopping £1,500. The Saturday Club is for children with disabilities and complex needs providing an opportunity to enjoy space and freedom away from home which is fun and educational – a chance to meet new friends and take part in their community. The children’s club benefits their Carers too, families have space and time outside their caring role to have a much needed break. The Club employs trained playworkers and is regulated by Ofsted.
Many thanks to everyone at Elmbridge Road Runners – you really are a terrific team of fundraisers!